The mission of Pritchardville Elementary School’s Counseling Department is to provide a comprehensive school counseling program that will address the personal/social, academic, and career needs of every student. The school counseling program is centered around an engaging curriculum that provides support to maximize student potential and academic achievement. In partnership with teachers, administrators, parents and community members, the school counselors will help every student strive to achieve their full personal potential.
School counselors help students build bright futures.Our School Counseling program is based on the following beliefs:
- All children are unique and should be respected with dignity
- Every student can succeed at high levels
- Learning is a lifelong process
- Fostering a positive self-image is the collaborative effort of the school, home, and community leading to responsible and productive citizenship
- Through guidance programs, the needs and diversity of all students are addressed at all educational levels
- Every student needs appropriate personal and social skills to achieve optimum benefits from the educational program
- Comprehensive guidance counseling is a developmentally appropriate program rather than a support service
- The guidance program is an integral part of the overall educational program and serves as a critical link to the instructional program and community.
Meet Our Counselors
Jennifer Rook and Taylor Behr
Contact Ms. Rook: Office: 843-707-0510/Cell: 843-584-7334
Contact Ms. Behr: Office: 843-707-0509/Cell: 843-790-3358
Our counselors are available to consult with parents on any issue that may be interfering with your child's academic performance or social development. Please contact the counselors to set up an appointment at any time throughout the school year. To request a phone call or meeting please fill out the School Counselor Contact Form.
If you are in crisis, please call the Suicide Prevention hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
Department of Social Services: 843-255-6143